Used throughout ancient Egypt, the dried summer savory herb was powdered and used in various ways. The inventive uses throughout the world of summer savory have influenced today’s uses. Due to its high phenol content, caution should be taken when inhaling or diffusing Summer Savory; only one to two drops is needed. Summer Savory essential oil has a warm and herbaceous aroma similar to that of Oregano and Thyme and can be used to flavour your savoury dishes.
- adds flavour to savoury dishes
- aromatically blends well with Geranium, Wild Orange and Peppermint essential oils
- Add a couple of drops to enhance the flavours of your savoury dishes.
- Diffuse with Geranium, Wild Orange and Peppermint essential oils
- Add a drop for a savoury flavour addition to smoothies.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Add 3 – 4 drops to your favourite dōTERRA diffuser.
Topical use: Add 1 or 2 drops to food or drink.
Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. In case of skin contact , dilute generously with a carrier oil.
Main Chemical Components