Vetiver, a member of the grass family, is grown for many reasons. Unlike other grasses, the root system of Vetiver grows down, making it ideal for helping to prevent erosion and providing soil stabilisation. Vetiver has a rich, exotic, complex aroma that is used extensively in perfumes. Due to Vetiver’s calming, grounding effect on the emotions, it is an ideal oil to use in massage therapy. It can also be rubbed on the feet before bedtime to promote a sense of relaxation, can be used to flavour drinks and be taken internally.
- Add 1–2 drops to tea or hot drinks during winter time.
- Use as a massage oil to calm emotions.
- Take a warm bath with a few drops of Vetiver essential oil for deep relaxation.
- Diffuse with Lavender, doTERRA Lavender Peace®, or doTERRA Balance® to provide a sense of balance while calming emotions.
- Use a toothpick to help get the desired amount out of container if Vetiver is too thick to get out of the bottle. A little goes a long way.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Food additive use: Add 1 or 2 drops to food.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Calming, grounding effect on emotions.
- Great for relaxing baths and massages.
Sweet, woody, caramel, smoky
Carvone, Isovalencenol, Khusimol
doTERRA Source to You
In February 2014, doTERRA’s commitment to providing essential oils of the highest quality, purity, and potency led to an expedition to Haiti.
The dōTERRA Co-impact Sourcing initiative and Healing Hands foundation worked with newly formed cooperatives in Haiti to bring the vetiver harvesters a sustainable income, clean water, and education.